Privacy & Legal Policies
Terms of Trade
Sound Birds & Animals
Art and Craft
Hama Beads & Boards etc.
Lottie Dolls & Accessories
Melissa & Doug
Board and Cloth Books
8 - 12yr old Sale books EASY READ
Languages and Resources
New Zealand Non Fiction
New Zealand Picture Books
Easy/reluctant reader sale
... more in Books
Rattles & Teethers.
> 100 Facts Evolution
100 Facts Evolution
Move mouse over the image to magnify
100 Facts Evolution is bursting with exactly 100 incredible facts, unbelievable images and fun activities. Children will learn everything they need to know about our ever-evolving world.
100 Facts Evolution contains key topics about how life on Earth has changed in simple numbered facts. Every page showcases fantastic illustrations and photographs that support a child's understanding of the text.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Evolution:
- The first forms of life and how it all began according to science
- Charles Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest and natural selection
- Modern breakthroughs such as genetic make-up and 'designer' evolution
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- If all the DNA in your body was put end to end, it would reach from Earth to the Sun and back more than 660 times.
- The prehistoric-looking cassowary from Australia has stiff feathers and small wings. Its ancestors could fly, but over millions of years cassowaries have lost the ability to take to the sky.
- More than 47,000 apsen trees in Utah, United States, are joined by underground suckers. The parent tree sent out suckers from its roots, which sprouted into new trees. They are identical clones.
You might also be interested in ...
When is it my Turn
Science essentials - Food, blood and bones
Who Really Discovered Electricity? by Amie Jane Leavitt
Trails Blazers - Sharks by Helen Orme