Privacy & Legal Policies
Terms of Trade
Sound Birds & Animals
Art and Craft
Hama Beads & Boards etc.
Lottie Dolls & Accessories
Melissa & Doug
... more in Toys & Puzzles
Board and Cloth Books
8 - 12yr old Sale books EASY READ
Languages and Resources
New Zealand Non Fiction
New Zealand Picture Books
Easy/reluctant reader sale
... more in Books
Rattles & Teethers.
> 100 Facts Weather
100 Facts Weather
Move mouse over the image to magnify
100 Facts Weather book for kids is bursting with exactly 100 awesome facts, mind-blowing images and fun activities to help children learn everything they need to know about our world's wild weather.
100 Facts Weather includes key topics about different types of weather and weather systems in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Information is surrounded by amazing illustrations and photographs that put facts into context for children.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Weather:
- How the weather forecast is worked out
- Dangerous weather such as hurricanes, flood and avalanches
- How animals cope in different climates and weather conditions
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- The ancient Egyptians had a story to explain the yearly flooding of the Nile. They said the goddess Isis filled the river with tears, as she cried for her lost husband.
- A tornado can be strong enough to lift a train!
- When the Sun shines all day in the far north, there is 24-hour night in the far south!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Find out how to make water heavier using two identical cups filled with the same amount of water
- Animal giants game! Put these animal giants in order of size, from largest to smallest
- Draw a picture of your own Hadal Zone creature with information from the book
You might also be interested in ...
Who Really Discovered Electricity? by Amie Jane Leavitt
Separations - Divorce by Janine Amos
Special forces by Brian Williams
Read & Learn - Police to the rescue around the world By Linda Staniford