Privacy & Legal Policies
Terms of Trade
Sound Birds & Animals
Art and Craft
Hama Beads & Boards etc.
Lottie Dolls & Accessories
Melissa & Doug
Board and Cloth Books
Languages and Resources
New Zealand Picture Books
Rattles & Teethers.
> An observation Survery of Early Literacy Achievement by Marie M. Clay
An observation Survery of Early Literacy Achievement by Marie M. Clay
Move mouse over the image to magnify
An Observation Survey of Early Literacy Achievement 4th edition provides teachers and school systems with essential information about how to assess young childrens progress in literacy learning.
What are young children learning as they engage with literacy instruction at school?
Are they experiencing success or falling behind? How soon can we tell?
An Observation Survey of Early Literacy Achievement 4th edition provides teachers and school systems with essential information about how to assess young children’s progress in literacy learning. The six tasks of the Observation Survey are used by teachers across the world to explore children’s knowledge of early reading and writing, to monitor progress, guide instruction and reliably identify children for supplementary assistance.
The tasks are:
- Observation task for Concepts About Print
- Taking records of reading continuous texts - Running Records
- Observation task for Letter Identification
- Observation task for Word Reading
- Observation task for Writing Vocabulary
- Observation task for Hearing and Recording Sounds in Words (Revised)
This fourth edition of Marie Clay’s seminal text includes two important new developments:
- a revised task for assessing children’s phonemic awareness and sound-letter knowledge is more sensitive to different rates of progress and to the difficulties some children might have
- updated norms for five of the Observation Survey tasks will enable teachers and schools to more accurately monitor and compare the progress of five-to-seven-year-old children across different aspects of literacy learning.
Foundation, Year 1, Year 2
5 to 7
You might also be interested in ...
Action English 1 - YR 3
Trimmer - PlayTime Pals Read