Privacy & Legal Policies
Terms of Trade
Sound Birds & Animals
Art and Craft
Hama Beads & Boards etc.
Lottie Dolls & Accessories
Melissa & Doug
Board and Cloth Books
8 - 12yr old Sale books EASY READ
Languages and Resources
New Zealand Non Fiction
New Zealand Picture Books
Easy/reluctant reader sale
... more in Books
Rattles & Teethers.
> 100 Facts Coral Reef
100 Facts Coral Reef
Move mouse over the image to magnify
100 Facts Coral Reef is bursting with exactly 100 fascinating facts, unbelievable images and fun activities to help children aged 6-10 years learn everything they need to know about this beautiful underwater wonder.
- Full-page illustrations to amaze young learners.
- Numbered facts help you and your child to track their progress.
- Cartoons and fun facts throughout add humour to learning.
Synopsis - Product details
100 Facts Coral Reef contains key topics about these rainforests of the sea in simple, exciting numbered facts. Every page features fantastic illustrations and photographs make coral reef facts for kids easier to understand.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Coral Reef:
- Why a coral reef grows and what lives among them
- How a deep-sea diver can explore coral safely
- When the coral reefs will disappear
'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Coral polyps don't always make good neighbours. If space is short, the polyps from one coral might start to eat the polyps from a neighbouring one, or sting them to death!
- Coral reefs are very slow growers. A reef can grow about 10 centimetres a year if the conditions are just right.
- Mantis shrimps are powerful punchers. They surprise their prey by hitting out at speeds of 240 metres per second.
You might also be interested in ...
100 Facts Elephants
DK Help Your Kids With Science
Talking it through - Hospital
Valentine Be Mine